Thursday 25 April 2013

Purple Me Chainsaw

After a long thought, I finally decided to make a Chainsaw Quilt that I learnt from Kimberley Einmo in a Craftsy class. However I didn't enough supplies like she suggested. So I improvised the supplies by using some fat quarters and solids, instead of layer cake and jelly roll. It turned out rather well, actually, and I am so pleased with it. From a FQ n solids, it yielded 4 blocks of chainsaw. In total I use 4 FQs and nearly a meter of Moda Solids. I used Kate Spain's collection: Cuzco for the patterned sides.  And oh my, the line is just so delicious, that I couldn't cut the whole collection. I wanted to keep some of it. Alas, I used purple as the theme, so I called it Purple Me Chainsaw.



Now, it's time to play for the arrangement!...

No comments:

Post a Comment