Sunday 26 January 2014

Tinker Tote ala Tara Rebmann


After watching a bag making class using the quilt as you go method with Tara Rebmann as the instructor at Craftsy, I finally convinced my self of making one. I really enjoyed Tara's class, and she made the project seems easy to do. She covers all the aspect of the quilt as you go to make a pot holder and a tinker tote.

The material she uses are scraps, or fabric leftovers with coordinating colour scheme.  I have scraps, but not in the colour scheme I want. So I made a visit to Annie's store The Village Haberdashery in Cricklewood and picked some fabrics from her SALE racks. Awesome stuff I found there, that I had to reign my self from shopping too much. It's always exciting when shopping fabrics.

This the first time I made a bag. And I had so much fun making the tinker tote. I just watched the class video over and over if I was not sure of the process. With a little patience and more attention on how Tara made the tinker tote, the bag was nearly finished. Just need the binding, and it's ready to use. Yaaayyyy!!!




PS: I just found Tara's blog. It's http://tinkerfrog.blogspot.co.uk/




1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful! I made my potholder last night, today... I tinker!

    ReplyDelete